Thursday, February 14, 2013

Coffee Shops in SE Portland on the 205 Corridor-Post #1

So Thursday nights are becoming "Try A New Coffee Shop Night" while I am waiting for class to start. My classes take place in South East Portland and needless to say, I do not know this neighborhood at all! Here's a post devoted to 2 new coffee shops I've tried.

A few notes about me and coffee: I love the stuff. Caramel lattes are my all time favorite drink. Insomnia Coffee Co in Hillsboro Oregon make the very best ones so everything I taste, I rate against the Real Caramel Latte (RCL) with light whip.

SoZo Coffee House
This place is an Asian run bubble tea joint that just so happens to make a kickbutt latte. Seriously. I have consumed a lot of caramel lattes hoping to find one as good as Insomnia's. While this just isn't quite an RCL, it is the closest coffee I have ever had to one! Yes folks, I've found a #2! The downside to SoZo is the atmosphere. I'm not into cheap Ikea furniture that is falling apart. And, I was the only non mandarin speaking person in the place. All this aside, I will totally be back seeing as though it's only 2 minutes from my school.

Coffees On-Mall 205
This is a strip mall coffee joint if I've ever seen one. Typical tiled floor with an office tiled ceiling. The barista was nice enough. The coffee was also good. It's not my #2 or my #1 but it's a solid coffee (latte). I would go back but I wouldn't drive across town just to get a drink here.

Well, look for more posts to come about my coffee adventures in SE Portland. So far, Portland has not made a bad cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment